As a DigiTec.PILOT, you earn a certificate (equivalent to 30 ECTS, i.e. about one semester's worth of teaching) to deepen your digitization skills. You will learn the basics of digital technologies, such as programming and automation. In an interdisciplinary project from six different application areas such as AI, sustainability, Industry 4.0, you can try out these skills directly in a team.
The DigiTec.PILOT program is aimed at all students in Germany, regardless of their previous studies, as well as employees in companies who want to get fit for digital technologies. Would you like a few examples?
You are studying mechanical engineering and find it exciting to design machines not only in their individual parts? For you, machines should be able to move automatically and autonomously. To do this, you need to know how to program autonomous systems or robots and which technologies are suitable for this. We will show you how to program and how to transfer these skills to machines so that truly autonomous systems can be created.
Are you studying economics and understand how to create business models and succeed in the market with new ideas? Digital products are already an important market factor today and will be even more so in the future. Understand how digital products are created and the effort required to do so by learning to develop digital products yourself. This will enable you to better assess future products, solutions and ideas and to position them on the market.
Have you already finished your studies and would like to acquire an additional qualification in the field of digital technologies in addition to your job in order to contribute innovative solution approaches to agile digitalization projects? Then you will learn here what SCRUM is and how you can implement new ideas.
You are...? No matter what you're studying, you're bound to have come into contact with the topic of digitization or at least have heard about and already used digital solutions, helpers and products in your field. As a DigiTec.PILOT, we offer you the chance to understand how they are created and how they work. This gives you the opportunity to distinguish yourself in your field and show that digitization is more than just a buzzword for you.
The Center for Digital Technologies (DIGIT) invites you to the second DigiTec.PILOT SUMMER SCHOOL. The SUMMER SCHOOL flying lessons will start at the end of the summer semester 2022 (start: August 15, 2022) and will take place online in English!
Due to the limited number of places, participants will be selected after reviewing the application documents.
If you are interested in taking part in the online digitalization flying lessons, please apply by 15.06.2022 with your letter of motivation. This must be written in English. Based on the submitted applications, we will select the best and most creative submissions. We will get back to you within 10 working days. You will receive all information about the payment modalities, the participation fees and the payment deadlines from us afterwards. By transferring the participation fee you confirm that you will participate in our DigiTec.PILOT SUMMER SCHOOL.
So let's summarize again:
- Fill out the application form and describe your motivation in English on a maximum of one page: Why do you want to become a DigiTec.PILOT?
- Scan your current student ID and
- send everything signed to: hellodigitecstudierende!
- You are enrolled as a student at a university, at least in the 5th semester or already in a master's program.
- You are studying a STEM subject, economics or are interested in digitization topics (NOTE: If you are studying computer science, you will find courses here that you have already completed or will complete in your studies. In this respect, you already have all the skills of a DigiTec.PILOT and perhaps a little more! If so, our master's program DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES or our doctoral program would be just right for you!)
- You have already successfully completed your studies?
- You are already working and would like to expand your knowledge of digital technologies?
- Do you want to get involved intensively in a simulated practical project?
If you could answer at least one question with YES, you can apply for this unique "flight program". You will be officially enrolled as a guest student at Clausthal University of Technology for the duration of your participation in the certificate program.
- a total of one semester's teaching, which is divided into different module blocks (30ECTS),
- especially employees of companies and other institutions can also complete only individual modules,
- and can therefore be carried out in parallel with studies or work.
- 0 € for students and members of the TU Clausthal and Ostfalia (sponsored by the state of Lower Saxony and the universities)
- 80 € for students in Lower Saxony (sponsored by the state of Lower Saxony)
- 120 € for students outside Lower Saxony
- 350 €/module for employees from German companies (total price incl. examination: 1,750 €)
... requires that you either:
- are pursuing a Bachelor's degree in at least the 5th semester, or
- are pursuing a Master's degree, or
- are an employee in a company or other institution, and
- are not a computer science student or computer science graduate.
If you have any questions about the DigiTec.PILOT, please contact our study program coordinator
Study Program Teaching Coordinator at Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
Verena Barby, M.A.
study program teaching coordinator at the Clausthal University of Technology
Steffen Küpper, M.Sc.